Category: kitchen cabinets
Painting your kitchen cupboards isn’t the easiest thing to do. This is why we recommend you hire a painting company to do the job. A good example of a reliable painting company are painting contractors in Fort Wayne. In this article, we talk about the reasons why you should hire painting companies for your kitchen.
Reasons for hiring painting companies:
- Not an easy job: This job is more than just painting your kitchen cabinets with a few coats of paint. Before you even start painting, it’s very important to prep and prime the cabinets to ensure that the paint lasts long. In addition to the preparation for the paint job, you need to remove the doors, hardware and other drawers.
- You need to be organized: Imagine taking apart your doors and drawers and then losing a few screws that are specifically for the door or drawers you removed. With a professional painting company, they ensure that all the screws are organized and secured in a box before beginning the paint job.
- The preparation is critical and very detailed: Of course, we don’t mean that you yourself cannot properly prep your kitchen, but trained professionals are taught how to prep the place with exact precision; from scrubbing the cabinets vigorously to making sure it’s primed and ready to be painted.
- You can’t rely on spray painting: Spray painting is a big risk that you don’t want to worry about especially if there’s a risk of having thin stripes that bleed through the wood. Another risk you don’t want to take is overspraying. It would be easier to decipher the amount if you were working on the cabinets outdoors or in the comfort of a workbench.
- It’s a semi-permanent job: If you do decide to take on the project on your own, the risk of a big mistake happening will be a difficult task to redo. Once you paint something on your cabinets and decide that you’re not happy with the work, then you will have to spend time on stripping away the paint so that there’s no damage on the wood.
- More cost-effective: Although hiring someone for the services may seem to cost more to you, it actually won’t. Having a professional do things for you means they have less room to mess up because they’re being paid to provide quality results. If you did it and weren’t satisfied with the results, then you would have to hire someone so they can remove the paint without damaging the wood; this would cost more than just hiring them to paint the cabinets.
Painting your kitchen cabinets is not an easy feat. It would be better if you have the help of professionals that can make the process easier as well as complete it quicker. It may cost some money but it’s important that you invest in a good company to have satisfactory results. These are some of the reasons why you should hire painting companies for your kitchen cabinet restoration.