Road trips are great for when you need a brief escape from daily routines. Of course, it wouldn’t be as fun if you got stuck in a busy highway. We understand that struggle, which is why we compiled a list of the fastest highways in the USA for road trips.
List of the Fastest Highways in the USA:
- Austin Airport State Highway: This highway extends through it’s east corridor at 211 km, and is found south of Austin. Around the toll gates, the speed limit posted is at 80 mph; however, through a specific section (41 miles), you can go through at 85 mph.
- Montana, Interstate 90: In this highway, you can go through it at 80 mph while being able to witness the beauty of the country.
- Wyoming, Interstate 25: In this highway, you can increase your speed to 80 mph and no one would react.
- Las Cruces, New Mexico: Before the 1950s, there were no speed limits in this highway. In this day and age, the new speed limit from Texas to New Mexico is 75 mph.
- Utah and Nebraska: Around some specified rural highways, you can drive through them at 80 mph.
- North and South Dakota: Around urban highways, you are allowed to drive up to 75 mph.
- Maine, East Coast: Around the East coast, you’re least likely to see a speed limit above 70 mph. However, Maine is the odd duck out because it has a speed limit of 75 mph.
Knowing Your Routes:
Going on a road trip can be quite difficult if you don’t know which highways would be crowded. Avoiding busy highways should be your goal so you can make sure to have an easier road trip. There’s nothing quite like being able to speed through a highway with no fear of being stopped by the cops.
Road trips are a fantastic way to blow off steam when you feel stuck in the rut. However, it is quite easy to have your plans foiled when you get stuck on a busy highway when it’s full of traffic that seems never ending.
We understand that struggle, which is why we compiled a list of the fastest highways in the USA for road trips. Of course, keep in mind that you still have to follow traffic rules. You might not be the only one in the highway.Read More